Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Just Wanna Get Warm

Such an honest prayer from Mark Heard on a cold and clammy January day such as this...

The mouths of the best poets

Speak but a few words

And then lay down

Stone cold in forgotten fields

Life goes on in this ant farm town

Cold to the lifeblood underfoot

All talk and no touch

And I just wanna be real

I just wanna be real

The colors here are monochrome

Studies in one shade of grey

The good times and the hard times

Cut from the same grey cloth

And all the fires that crackle here

Consume but do not burn

All light and no heat

And I just wanna get warm

I just wanna get warm

The days they rattle past me

Like a tunnel round a train

Landscapes and heartaches

I don't know what I feel

All I know is my condition

Is worse than I can tell

The small talk and the slow burn

And I just wanna be healed

I just wanna get well

There are things I should remember

But I have forgotten how

I'm all tied up with no time

Trying do too much

And the thoughts that I've avoided

Are the ones I need right now

Like a warm wind and love's hand

And I just wanna be touched

And I just wanna be real

And I just wanna be well

And I just wanna be healed

And I just wanna be warm

Written by Mark Heard
© 1991 Ideola Music/ASCAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrog4-oHSXg&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment